AND FIREWALL PROBLEMS
Can't connect to
the network? Able to browse the Internet?
Then your Firewall may be blocking the Gnutella port.
To connect to
the network, you have to configure your Firewall to open a port for
Gnutella. Check instructions provided below for Windows XP Firewalls.
You can also refer to the Microsoft
page on configuring ports on Windows XP. Or if you
have other firewall like: Kerio Personal Firewall, McAfee Firewall,
Norton Personal Firewall, SyGate Personal Firewall, ZoneAlarm Firewall
please check on support of these programs to solve the problem.
XP INTERNET CONNECTION FIREWALL:
1. Within ADDAX, go to: Tools -> Options -> Advanced
-> Firewall Config
2. Make a note of the Listening Port located in the box next to "Listen
3. Go to Start -> Control Panel
4. Open Network Connections
5. Right Click on the connection you use to connect to the network
6. Choose Properties
7. Go to the Advanced Tab
8. If your Firewalled is Enabled go to step 10
9. If you want to enable Windows XP Firewall check the box (this will
enable the "settings" button. If you are not interested in enabling
your Windows XP Firewall, hit cancel -- ADDAX will not be affected, and
you may stop following these instructions.
10. Under Windows Firewall Options, Go to the Advanced Tab.
11. Select Internet connection used. (Local area network or the name of
12. Click the Setting button
13. Click the "Add..." button
14. In the description field add "Gnutella"
15. Set the IP address to "127.0.0.1"
16. Check the TCP Radio button
17. Set the external and internal ports to the same port that you made
a note of in step 2
18. Press OK
19. Repeat steps 13 to 16, except this time check the UDP radio button
in step 16
20. Make sure the list of services has two items listed Gnutella, and
make sure they are both checked.
21. Click OK
Click here to download latest version
of ADDAX for free!